Saturday, January 12, 2013

Track Listing: 1/12/13

Distance: 3 mi
Time: 27:35
Pace: 9:12/mi
Location: The Usual

     Whew, I haven't run three miles in at least couple of weeks 'cause I got lazy over the holidays, so this felt a little rough. At least it was still nice upper 60's temps (I actually wore shorts!), and I managed to pretty much completely avoid the ensuing monsoon. Though, it was still pretty wet, and I did have to try to avoid a lot of big puddles/mud holes. By the time I was done with my first mile, my feet felt water logged and heavy.

1. Wilco - Far, Far Away
     Starting off with a pretty slow one today. This was a little helpful though, because I was trying to kind of pace myself since I haven't gone three miles in a little while. This is the kind of Wilco song that I really dig, kinda makes me feel like I'm in some hole in the wall dive bar at closing time for some reason.



2. Randy Newman - Living Without You
     Keeping with the slow stuff. I love Randy Newman, though, and this is one of my favorite songs of his.I think he gets a bad rap because of his affiliation with Disney. But, he's done a lot of awesome stuff as far as I'm concerned and this is one of the most beautifully sad songs I know.



3. Sondre Lerche - Heartbeat Radio
     The first sort of upbeat number I've had so far this time around. Super catchy song, plus it's kind of a song about how the radio is mostly terrible, which is something I can generally get behind.



4. Pearl Jam - Last Kiss
     This one worked out okay. Not a whole lot to say about it otherwise, I guess.



5. Tenacious D - Master Exploder
     A nice short, heavy pick up here. I did not mean to blow your mind.



6. Modest Mouse - Dig Your Grave
     A little 15 second long interlude, this was pretty much inconsequential, but I guess I should list it anyway.



7. The Clash - White Riot
     A nice fast punk rock pick up now. I think it worked out pretty well, the way I had a lot of slow stuff earlier in my run today to help me try and pace myself, then some faster stuff towards the middle/end to keep me going.



8. Beastie Boys - Remote Control
      Another nice up-tempo one. This is one of my favorite Beastie Boys songs, and was a lot of fun to run to. It got hectic quick.



9. Sondre Lerche - Pioneer
     One thing I've noticed about shuffle on most of my i-devices is that it usually kind of clumps songs by the same artist together, so I get to Sondre Lerche songs today. This one is definitely a much slower effort, though it wasn't too bad, because I was dragging ass a little bit by this point. The only clip I could find of this song was a live one that was obviously shot on someone's cell phone, and even that's awesome. I think I need to see this guy live one day.



10. Vampire Weekend - I Think Ur a Contra
     Another slower song now. This one was kind of trippy and ethereal though, which I thought worked great and made me feel in kind of a trance that matched what felt like my plodding zombie-like pace at this point.



11. Red Hot Chili Peppers - My Friends
     Great song. I only got through like half of it before I was done, but it worked out nicely.



No comments:

Post a Comment