Thursday, January 10, 2013

Track Listings: 1/10/13

Distance: 2.01 mi
Time: 17:55
Pace: 8:56
Location: The 'Hood


     It was a pretty nasty day for running, wet and windy. At least it wasn't actively raining when I went, plus it wasn't as butthole-puckering cold as it has been lately.

1. Jason Falkner - Tell Me You Love Me
     I love Jason Falkner, and I'm sure I'll be writing about other songs of his on here because I've got a lot of his stuff on my iPod, this one was a little slow and sappy for running, though. Alas, I couldn't find a video or sound clip for this anywhere (anywhere being youtube and google). +1 for obscurity.

2. Ryan Adams - Rescue Blues
     This is one of those songs that I found surprisingly good for running. I certainly wouldn't call it a fast song, but it's got one of those slow, steady, possibly somewhat honky-tonk-y beats that made me kinda feel in a grove during it. I also found the lyrics to be somewhat motivational. Kind of a you against the world type of song at some parts: Everybody wants to see you suffer...etc.



3. Marvelous 3 - Indie Queen
      Another song where I felt like I was pretty much in the groove. Some nice bouncy power pop, always pretty good for running. I love the entire album that this song comes from, but I've never been crazy about any of the other Marvelous 3/Butch Walker stuff I've listened to. I'll blame age/timing of discovery on that.



4. The Promise Ring - Say Goodbye Good
     As I said last post, if there's songs that I don't know on my iPod, they're probably Wilco or Promise Ring songs. Sure enough, I'm pretty sure I'd never heard this song before. It worked out almost perfectly for me on my run though. It's definitely a pretty slow song, but I started getting a side stitch right around the end of my first mile, and this song started really early in my second mile. It felt sort of like a dirge pushing me on. It had a slow persistent beat that I felt like I could get in line with, and when the "Hey, Hey, Hey" part with the harmonies came in, it felt almost anthemic. Also at almost 7 minutes long, it took up pretty much my whole second mile.



5. Spoon - Was It You?
     I only got about a minute or so of this one before I was done, but it had a nice little funky drum and bass line thing going on. Spoon is always a good call as far as I'm concerned.

 

1 comment:

  1. Butt hole puckering, awesome! Spoon was the only band I've heard of here, shocking I know. I'd like to start running, maybe I'll do some posts like this...again, great idea!

    ReplyDelete